Wednesday, January 21, 2009





The Imperial War Museum was by far my favorite museum in London. One of the best collections of historic military artifacts was in this building. From tanks, to planes to missiles and submarines; one could see in person what helped to win both world wars. The museum also featured a special James Bond exhibit featuring both original and replica memorabilia and gadgets from the 007 series.


Out of all the sites I visited, the Opera house in Paris was one that surprised me the most. I did not anticipate it being so ornate. Prior to my visit, I thought “what’s the big attraction to an Opera house”? Once inside however, I was amazed at the architecture and detail which in my opinion surpassed that of Versailles. Large marble staircases, columns and floors lined the interior of the building as well as countless chandeliers. The exterior was comprised of columns and gold leaf sculptures.

- Kevin LaPierre (Harvard, MA)

No comments:

Post a Comment